This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.clic.co.uk (our site) which is a site owned by BDLN Ltd. This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use [Terms & Conditions].
Making Submissions to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to make Submissions (posts, comments, reviews, suggestions, ideas, questions, audio, photo, video or any other content uploads made to any website under this domain by any means including but not limited to electronic mail) to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards below.
You warrant that any such Submission you make complies with these standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any Submissions made by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any Submission made by you or any other user of our site.
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
Site Moderation Process
Subject to the below, all Submissions will appear on our site as they are made by the user, and will only be sent for moderation if a complaint is received. We have the right to remove any Submission you make on our site if, in our opinion, your Submission does not comply with these content standards. Where a Submission is being moderated, the Submission will be hidden from the site.
You may use our site and its content only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site or the content on it:
- For any commercial purpose;
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
You also agree:
- not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, licence, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell or re-sell any content, software, products, or services obtained from or through our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use [Terms & Conditions];
- Not to access, modify or copy any content or information on this website using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express written permission;
- Not to deep-link to any portion of this website for any purpose without our express written permission;
- Not to “frame”, “mirror” or otherwise incorporate any part of this website into any other website without our prior written authorisation;
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical). We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not. The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them. Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all submissions you make. You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any Submission as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts);
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions);
- Be reasonably relevant to the topic of the part of our site to which a Submission is made;
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
- Submissions must not:
- Restrict any other person from using or enjoying our site in any way;
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- Contain, promote, refer, or relate to sexually explicit material;
- Promote violence or contain violent material;
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or any other intellectual property right of any other person;
- Be likely to deceive any person;
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- Promote any illegal activity;
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- Be private information of any third party, including, without limitation, surname (family name) addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, National Insurance numbers and credit card numbers;
- Be used to impersonate any person or entity, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity;
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case;
- Contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act including but not limited to copyright infringement or computer misuse;
- Expose us or our affiliates or the users of our site to any harm or liability of any kind.
Rights you licence to us
Whilst you retain all of your ownership rights in your Submissions, when you make Submissions to our site, you grant us the following licenses:
a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right to:
use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display and perform such Submissions throughout the world in any media, now known or hereafter devised; and
use the name that you submit in connection with such Submission. You acknowledge that BDLN may choose to provide attribution of your Submissions at our discretion. You agree to waive any moral rights in the Submission.
You further grant BDLN the right to pursue at law any person or entity that violates your BDLN’s rights in the Submissions by a breach of this Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that Submissions are non-confidential and non-proprietary.
Suspension and termination
Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site and termination of your Member Account.
Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
Issue of a warning to you.
Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
Further legal action against you.
Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.